Descale your machine regularly, depending on the hardness of your water 1 to 2 times per year. Only use a commercially available liquid de-calcifying solution in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Please do not use acetic acid nor white vinegar!
- Open the boiler top of your Cremina. Empty the boiler water. Pour in the liquid descaling agent into the boiler and fill it with water.
- Open the steam tab of your Cremina and close the boiler top. Leave the cold liquid to work for 2 to 3 hours.
- Place a container under the steam tab and another container under the brew group of your Cremina.
- Empty out the descaling liquid and rinse the boiler
2 to 3 times with fresh water. Fill the Cremina with fresh water, only now heat up the machine.
- Let the steam come through the steam valve and perform 2 to 3 extractions without portafilter with your Cremina.
For very hard tap water we suggest using lime-free water or a filter.
Note: These instructions replace all previous descaling instructions in the owner‘s book and online.