Instructions for descaling an Olympia Maximatic.
Descale your machine regularly, depending on the hardness of your water 1 to 2 times per year. Only use a commercially available liquid de-calcifying solution in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Please do not use acetic acid nor white vinegar!
- Start with the fresh water cycle: Pour the descaling liquid into the removable fresh water tank of your Maximatic and fill it with water.
- Place a container under the steam tab and another container under the brew group of your Maximatic.
- Pump the descaling liquid through the machine using the extraction button. Repeat this procedure 2 to 3 times depending on the hardness of your water. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Now treat the water cycle in the boiler: Open the boiler top of your Maximatic. Empty out the boiler water. Pour liquid descaling agent into the boiler and fill it with water.
- Open the steam tab of your Maximatic and close the boiler top. Leave the cold liquid to work for 2 to 3 hours. Empty out the descaling liquid and rinse the boiler 2 to 3 times with fresh water.
For very hard tap water we suggest using lime-free water or a filter.
Note: These instructions replace all previous descaling instructions in the owner‘s book and online.