Olympia Teflon Group Head to Boiler Seal + 4 Bolts M6 16mm Included - Fits all Olympia machines
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 - 3 and get 5% off
- Buy 4 or above and get 10% off
- This is the gasket that goes between the boiler and the groups on Cremina, Maximatic, and Club models.
- We recommend that you use this gasket in placement of the original o-ring type.
These really help my Creminas regulate group head temperature... a great addition to the 67 Cremina Levers
Posted by Tim S on 18th Sep 2016
I have two Olympia Creminas (a 1983 & 89), and use them a lot. I have added this gasket to replace the rubber o-ring gasket on both machines.
First, I think these are a better seal than the stock o-ring seals that come with the older Creminas. When I bought each machine used, and removed the group head, both machines the o-ring had failed and was just beginning to calcify and corrode the metal flange where the group meets the boiler. It was clear that without attention, the o-ring was not the best solution.
These gaskets are great for a couple of reasons:
- First, they provide a great seal between the boiler and group head. You can "squish" these considerably when tightening the group head down, and they give a great seal.
- Next, the biggest benefit is that the insulation they provide between the group head and the boiler helps to regulate the temperature on the group head. Previously, with the o-ring seal, it was literally a metal to metal contact between the group and boiler, and if you left the machine on, the group would get too hot to pull a shot at the right temperature. These gaskets actually leave the group at the right temperature, and if I leave the machine on for a while, I can walk right up and pull a shot with confidence the group is not too hot. These are a great insulator, and keep the group cooler than the stock o-ring the came with the machine.
Great addition to my Creminas, and I look at it as one of the top three upgrades to my machines. The other two are the bottomless portafilter and the boiler cap with vacuum breaker.
Thanks for reading.