Olympia Teflon Group Head to Boiler Seal + 4 Bolts M6 16mm Included - Fits all Olympia machines
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 - 3 and get 5% off
- Buy 4 or above and get 10% off
- This is the gasket that goes between the boiler and the groups on Cremina, Maximatic, and Club models.
- We recommend that you use this gasket in placement of the original o-ring type.
Works Great - Easy Maintenance and Upgrade
Posted by WestCoast on 4th Dec 2017
I used this on a Pasquini Livietta rebuild. It fits and works perfectly. The only issue was that the longer 16mm bolts could not be used on the lower bolt holes. They hit the grouphead and there was no way to get them in the holes. However the original shorter bolts did fit so I used them in the lower holes. Not a problem as long as you save your original bolts if using this on a Livietta (mine is 1991)
These really help my Creminas regulate group head temperature... a great addition to the 67 Cremina Levers
Posted by Tim S on 18th Sep 2016
I have two Olympia Creminas (a 1983 & 89), and use them a lot. I have added this gasket to replace the rubber o-ring gasket on both machines.
First, I think these are a better seal than the stock o-ring seals that come with the older Creminas. When I bought each machine used, and removed the group head, both machines the o-ring had failed and was just beginning to calcify and corrode the metal flange where the group meets the boiler. It was clear that without attention, the o-ring was not the best solution.
These gaskets are great for a couple of reasons:
- First, they provide a great seal between the boiler and group head. You can "squish" these considerably when tightening the group head down, and they give a great seal.
- Next, the biggest benefit is that the insulation they provide between the group head and the boiler helps to regulate the temperature on the group head. Previously, with the o-ring seal, it was literally a metal to metal contact between the group and boiler, and if you left the machine on, the group would get too hot to pull a shot at the right temperature. These gaskets actually leave the group at the right temperature, and if I leave the machine on for a while, I can walk right up and pull a shot with confidence the group is not too hot. These are a great insulator, and keep the group cooler than the stock o-ring the came with the machine.
Great addition to my Creminas, and I look at it as one of the top three upgrades to my machines. The other two are the bottomless portafilter and the boiler cap with vacuum breaker.
Thanks for reading.