Specially designed with a patented and break-through Brikka System technology, Bialetti's Brikka Espresso Maker is the only stovetop coffee maker on the market that produces the perfect "crema". This crema traps the fine aromatics and flavors that register on the palate adding a thick, richer texture to each cup of coffee
before first use
- Remove all labels and packaging.
- Hand wash all parts with warm water.
- Rinse all parts thoroughly to remove any soap residue.
- Make 2-3 pots of coffee to season the pot. Follow to use instructions below for each cycle.
- Fill the lower chamber with cold water just below the valve.
- Insert the funnel and fill it with ground espresso (do not tamp). Remove any coffee grounds on the edge of the funnel
- Tightly screw the upper part of the pot on to the base. Avoid using the handle for leverage.
- Select burner size to fit bottom of pot. For gas stovetop, make sure the flame is not larger than bottom of pot. The flame should not come around the sides of the pot.
- Place pot on the stovetop until the water boils and coffee begins to come out of the center post. There will be a gurgling sound during this process.
- When the top of the pot is full of coffee, remove from stove. Hazel brown foam appears just seconds before the coffee is completely done.
- Before pouring coffee, stir it in the upper chamber with a small spoon to equalize all the different coffee layers for optimum flavor.
- Wash by hand with warm water.
- Dry thoroughly with towel.
- Do not reassemble the product until all parts are completely dry to avoid oxidation.
- Do not use soap or detergent.
- Do not use in dishwasher.
- Do not use steel wool or other abrasive products.
- Use coffee ground specifically for a moka coffee maker. Don't use too fine ground coffee.
- Periodically check the funnel, the filter plate and the washer for wear. Over time, they may need to be replaced.
- Never use the pot without water.
- Never use other contents besides coffee like teas, cacao powder or instant coffee as it will clog the filter plate.
- If the heat is too high, coffee may have a burnt taste. Getting the optimum temperature for brewing may take some trial and error.
- Store coffee grounds in airtight container, away from sunlight.
- Use filtered water for best coffee flavor.
- NKnancy k.I recommend this productRated 5 stars7 months agoBialetti Moka Express
I love it! Makes a great espresso!Was this helpful?
- AAlexI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years agoI am very happy with
I am very happy with this espresso maker. Works really well. We have used it every day since we got it in September.Was this helpful?
- AanonymousI recommend this productRated 5 stars4 years agoCerini got my new Bialetti
Cerini got my new Bialetti moka to me even faster than I
could have expected. I've been using a Bialetti for decades
now for my morning coffee (the 3-cup model). The Bialetti
is still the favorite of moka users in Italy and I know why. Thanks, Cerini, for the excellent service.Was this helpful?
- AanonymousI recommend this productRated 5 stars5 years agoI have been using bialetti
I have been using bialetti for a very long time. Aside from my vintage Italian made moka pots, this is the one brand I buy for myself.
You just can never go wrong. It may be more expensive than Chinese made but the quality just never change. Still the best.Was this helpful?
- LLauraI recommend this productRated 5 stars5 years agoI had a 3 cup
I had a 3 cup Bialetti that I used every morning...and carelessly ruined it (don't ask!). Then I ordered the wrong size from Cerini's and they were AMAZING about taking the return and getting me another 3-cupper. This is a company I would go back to again and again, just because they were so nice.Was this helpful?
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Will this work on a induction TopStove?
They will NOT work on induction. Sorry!